Friday, February 29, 2008

It's a Leap Year!

I remember when I was little thinking that Leap Years were special. The idea of an extra day--WOW! So to not blog today would be wrong!

We had a nice day, the Wee One & I. We stayed in this morning because I mistakenly thought we could get tickets for Disney on Ice in April. No, today was the "pre-sale buzz" BUZZ? BUZZ???? The buzz I have is that I want tickets. NOW. But no, we have to wait for 2 more weeks. Fine, be that way!

So we got ready & went to post to pick up a a couple prescription refills, have lunch at the PX & then go to the tax center to have our taxes done. We got more back than I thought considering Hunter's income wasn't taxed from April on. We headed over to Ulta to see if they had the Stila tinted moisturizer that I am lusting after. Nope, only the light color that is too light on me (i know, right?). So we came home, had an abbreviated rest hour, went outside for puppy bowl, our walk & then home for supper.

Tomorrow is 1 March---we're days away from the 12 month milestone in the deployment. Such a bittersweet occasion.

Shush, no sad talk! It's a Leap Year!!! Hunter will be home in a few months, we'll go on our vacation, the Wee One will start Pre-k (oh.muh.gawd! How time has flown), the Olympics are this summer! YAY! The last time it was a Leap Year I was pregnant w/ the Wee One. There, a happy memory!

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

glad your hubby will be home soon. longer than 12 mo seems too long to me!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Happy Leap Year! Missed you on Ravelry last night. The game was on.

jopal said...

Happy belated Leap Year!
Glad Hunter will be home soon!
It does seem like it has been longer than a year to me - must seem like many years to you!