Sunday, August 20, 2006

And now, weekend update. . .

"Good evening, I'm Chevy Chase, & you're not"

Anyone remember that??? Class? Bueller? Bueller???

Another lovely weekend has passed in my little corner of the world. Friday morning Betsy & I went swimming for a couple hours. I brought the video camera & took about 20 min of video to send to my parents. They're going to love watching her push off the stairs & kick her way across to the other side of the pool!


Finally got my partner for my Mason Dixon Swapcloth exchange after confusion about my email address. So Friday night while Hunter was watching Sci Fi (Stargate gag), I relegated myself to the bedroom & watched "Elizabethtown" & knitted away. I wasn't prepared for the memorial scene & how much I would cry. Sap that I am. I had swapcloth #1 done by 1030! Woo Hoo!

Saturday we had a MOMS weekend activity & drove out to the Lane Packing co. in Ft Valley, GA (about 70 miles away from us). We toured their peach orchards, pecan groves & saw some of their peanut plants (plants? what do they call peanut orchards/groves??? ). We let the kids play for a little while & had lunch, bought some yummies (vidalia onion ranch dressing SUPER YUM! & some bbq sauce for Hunter). I knitted swapcloth #2 that afternoon! SUCCESS! Add some stitch markers, pull out a soap from my stash & I'm done!

We used the aforementioned bbq sauce on our pork tenderloin that Hunter grilled for supper. Again, much yummines. Watched the final episode of Alton Brown's "Feasting on Asphalt" last night. I'm bummed that the show was only 4 episodes. I love his "Good Eats" show as well!

Today we went for a walk in the morning (after our lazy Sunday tradition of breakfast & reading the paper). We also have a weird traditon---we look at the birth listings in the paper & see what the most rediculous name is. You get points for creative spellings, multiple punctuation & just obviously made up names.

Ran errands this afternoon while Bets napped (hunter too) & then took Libby out to play ball after Bets woke up. Talked to one of my best friends from home (her hubby came home a couple mos ago after spending 4 months in Iraq) & caught up w/ her. Hard to believe her "baby" is going into 2nd grade this fall! I remember going to see her in the hospital the day he was born! Time truly flies!

Speaking of school----Bets starts preschool on Tuesday. I'm excited & nervous all at the same time! It's going to be a good experience for her (her teachers are both friends of mine from MOMS) & I know she's going to have fun but I'm still 2nd guessing my decision to enroll her. *sigh* If it doesn't work out I can always pull her right???

Tonight's knitting? I'm starting the MDK kimono for Tara & Sal's little girl due in Dec! I have 2 bibs & 2 washcloths done for her already. After the kimono I'll start a blanket, I think. I have some pretty Lorna's Laces that I got in a swap & it's perfect for a baby girl.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I am SO GLAD to hear that I'm not the only Alton Brown fan. My husband and I love "Good Eats", and when I watched "Feasting on Asphalt", I had the urge to follow. We're in SC now, so we're trying to find the time to hit the stops here in this state!