Monday, October 08, 2007

Back to square 1

Or so it feels after R & R. I sound like a broken record to some of you but I stand by my opinion that the days following the end of R & R are worse than the days following the beginning of a deployment.

TY to everyone for your kind words! They mean a lot, really! Prayers do too.

We're doing pretty well, all things considered. The Wee One tells me several times a day "I miss my Daddy". We've talked about how it's okay to miss him & that he'll be home as soon as he can be & it seems to help. I'm glad she's able to share her feelings as it helps me to better understand her behavior. The next couple weeks are going to be rough ones but we'll get through them.

Tomorrow is school picture day & she's got an adorable little Carter's dress to wear. It was driving me nuts trying to find the right outfit as the backdrop the photographer uses is a fall theme. It's still in the mid 80's here so a typical fall outfit isn't going to work unless I want her dropping from heat stroke afterwards on the playground. Luckily Carter's had a cute short sleeved cotton holiday dress. It doesn't look holiday at all really so that's good---it's light brown w/ embroidery around what i would call the yoke of the dress. Very cute & more than I wanted to pay but I think she'll get a lot of mileage out of it. No, she WILL get a lot!

My MIL gave me a pattern for a feather & fan scarf pattern for my koigu. CO 54 stitches, k 4 rows in moss stitch. The body of the scarf is painfully simple--k2tog 3x, *(yo 1, k1) 6x, (k2tog)6x. repeat from *. last 10 stitches on row yo1, k1 6x. k2tog 3x. Next row purl all stitches. Easy peasy & fun & wont distract you from watching dancing with the stars!

I am back to the gym tomorrow after I mail out my Fall Felted Bag Exchange tote for my partner. It came out bigger than I wanted but is still very pretty IMHO. Pics to follow tomorrow.

So school drop off, post office, gym (30 min on elliptical---my new friend! & weights), shower, pick up wee one from school, grocery store, bank & home again home again. I need to go thru her toys & figure out what she's not playing with anymore & bring it to our storage unit.


Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments: