Here it is!
1) How long have you been knitting or crocheting? How did you learn? or from whom? Officially since I was 8 or 9. I learned from my Mom who learned from her mom. . . I didn't make anything from the time I was in college until Fall '04 when I found a cute hat pattern for the wee one. That's when the insanity began!
2) What was your first felted object, and why did you decide to try felting?
My first felted object was a bag. It is now referred to as the "ugly bag" because I didn't pay attention to how to felt & the nuances of blocking afterwards. It's usable but certainly not my best effort. My MIL told me about felting & again, insanity took over!
3) What are your favorite colors? Any you hate?
I love jewel tones, reds, blues, purples. Not so much of a yellow or orange fan.
4) What are your favorite styles\types of bags? (Long straps? Short handles? Handbags? Totes? Embellished? Plain? Include links to patterns or photos if you’d like – give your pal an idea of what you enjoy!)
Anything goes! I love shoulder bags, totes, small bags---surprise me!
5) What handbag or bag are you carrying today? Do you use a separate bag to carry your knitting?
Right now I'm using my Kate Spade Maddie. I do have a couple differeent bags that hold knitting projects.
6) What other things do you enjoy knitting or crocheting?
Socks, dishcloths, scarves, baby items as it seems I always know someone who is pregnant!
7) What sort of needles do you enjoy working with? (straights vs circs, bamboo vs aluminum)
I love my crystal palace & addi's!!
8) What’s one project you’ve not yet tried but are dying to make?
I started my clapotis in June but had to frog & STILL have not CO again!
9) What’s one yarn you’ve not yet tried but are dying to work with?
I have some beautiful soy ribbon yarn that I received from my spring bag exchange pal that I haven't had a chance to work with but it is BEAUTIFUL!
10) What other hobbies do you have? Do you spin? Sew? Garden?
I like beading & stamping but really only dabble in them.
11) Besides yarn, do you collect anything?
Watches (baume & mercier, hamilton, gruen), Estee Lauder's America the Beautiful compacts, carnival glass & polish pottery
12) What kind of goodies do you enjoy? Sweets? Salty? Anything you hate or are allergic to?
I was diagnosed as diabetic this spring so I'm careful about what I eat. I am definitely more of a salty/savory girl (always have been!) so stuff like flavored pretzels, nuts (cashews & almonds yum!) make me happy!
13) Do you have any kiddos? (Furry kind count!) I have both! A 3 yr old little girl & a 4 yr old fur bebe.
14) What kind of project best personifies you and why? Ooooh, deep question! Let me think on this one. . .Hmmmmmmm maybe a shawl? They're snuggly & pretty. How's that for vain?! LOL
15) What is your favorite part of Autumn? You can also share a special Autumn memory if you'd prefer!
I grew up in VT--Autumn is my FAVORITE season---I only wish it arrived in GA sooner! I dont have a special memory but my favorite thing to do when the leaves have fallen is to "scuffle" through them while walking. There is something magical about the sound rustling leaves make. I've taught my daughter that there is nothing better than walking thru a bunch of fallen leaves & listening for the noise.
16) Tell us 3 things you would do if you won 10 million dollars in the lottery.
1) Put a big chunk into our retirement fund, the wee one's school fund & our vacation fund.
2) Do something nice for someone who least expected it.
3) Shop, shop shop! My koigu stash would increase greatly!! LOL