Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fall Felted Bag Exchange contest #1

I received my partner on Friday & am waiting to hear back from her. My upstream partner & I have emailed a few times so far!


So here's the first contest:


1. What is your favorite yarn for felting, and why?

I really love Paton's Classic Merino---it's inexpensive, there's a good array of colors & it felts fast. Really fast.


2. Name one person in the swap who is not from the U.S. and tell us where they are from, and link to their blog.

Nicola S. She was my partner for the magic yarn ball swap (wasn't that it?!) this past spring. She's from the UK. http://greengreenplanet.blogspot.com/



3. Find one person in the swap who has a dog, and let us know the name of their dog(s) and link to their blog.


June has a Lhasa Aposo named Maestro. http://agardeningknitter.blogspot.com/


4. Find one person in the swap who has a child or grandchild and link to their blog.

Kristin has 3 wee ones! http://dayinthelifeof531.blogspot.com/

5. And finally, tell us if you like October or November more, and why! (Yea, I know part of September and November are technically fall, but for this question, only October and November matter!)

Living in VT & New England I prefer October because that's when the leaves are at their peak color. Living in the South I prefer November for the same reason. Not that there as many color variations d own here but we do have a beautiful maple tree here that is a gorgeous vibrant red by Veteran's Day!


On the knitting front I am about to BO the 2nd poncho for my friend Paige's youngest daughter. I'm torn about the one for her oldest girl---the 2nd poncho has the same color as the first poncho as the collar & then is a solid color. I'm debating making a 3rd for her oldest girl---it'll have the red from the 2nd poncho as the collar & then the varigated yarn for the body. The original poncho would be nice gift for my friend Susan's daughter who turns 2 next month. Well in addition the Little People she's getting!

No comments: