Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Day 6

Monday the 9th.

Our last day in Paris. *sniff*

We slept in & went out for breakfast around 1030. Let's review French food culture, shall we? They dont eat dinner until 7 or 8 at the earliest. Lunch isn't until 3 or so but you cant get breakfast at 1030 am! Seriously! Our waiter took pity on us & brought us 1/2 a baguette w/ some butter w/ our coffee because we looked so pathetic!

We wandered around by the Louvre & along the Seine (top pic), bought another painting & then had lunch near the Hotel des Invalides (military hospital built by Napoleon). The museum in the HdI is very cool---coats of armor, guns, etc. It also houses Napoleon's tomb.



We went back to the Opera & had a drink at a cafe. For weeks before the trip I had been babbling about getting a new purse. Coach didn't have it when I was in ATL. Kate Spade told me I could order from their website b/c the store didn't have the bag I wanted in stock. So poor Hunter has heard me run my mouth about a new bag. While we're sitting in the cafe he says that I should go back to the Galleries Lafayette to buy a bag. So off I went & came back about an hour later (I also visited the store Printemps only to discover they didn't have the bag I wanted) with a beautiful red Lancel Elsa Sellier & coordinating wallet.

We had dinner at the Bistro Melrose in the Place du Clichy area (not far from our hotel). We also ate there on Friday night & loved it. You guessed it! Foie gras & duck! And a lovely pinot grigio.

The next day we flew home & said au revoir to la belle France.

There are more pics on my flickr page----check out the 'gargoyle face' one!

4 comments:

jopal said...

What a great trip! Love the pictures.
Thanks for sharing

DaCraftyLady said...

Absolutely beautiful, you are so lucky...great trip..

Jami said...

I'm glad you had a great trip. I've enjoyed reading your blog this morning.

Montreal Mama said...

Your Paris trip sounds lovely! I was once in Paris for 24 hours back in 1998... dying to go back and actually see more than just the Eiffel tower!