Wednesday, January 10, 2007

New Year, icky news

The year was off to a good start until this past Monday when we had a briefing where we learned that Hunter's unit will deploy about 2 months earlier than we thought.

This will be their 3rd deployment to Iraq & will be for 15 months.

I'm starting to go into deployment mode already----trying to figure out what we need to do before he goes & how the wee one & I will keep ourselves occupied.

*sigh*

On a side note I've finished one of my hats (Odessa by Grumperina) and am 1/3 done my 2nd (iceland & squiggle by Crystal Palace) for one of my girlfriends. It's going to be gorgeous once it's felted!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Laurie. We're practically neighbors--about 4 hours away from each other. I'm sorry to hear your husband is heading out earlier than planned. I cannot imagine how hard that must be on you all. You are most definitely in my thoughts. I pray your hubby will be safe and sound and home to you and your family as soon as possible.

Lacey said...

I'm sorry Laurie. Really I am. That is cruddy news. :(

But I have a question to ask, not to seem too unsympathetic.

I am going to visit the dear Bfs Mema in Macon with him tomorrow. I am looking for possible yarn outages. I need a fix. :P Do you know of any shops in the Macon area? Have you been to any there? Any to stay away from, some to hit without fail? I have found Me and Thee and Creative Yarns. Any good?

I'm sorry for your bad news and sorry to ask such a silly question when I know you have much more on your plate. I just wanted to check with someone who might be in the know.

Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laurie
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
LeslieJ

Leslie said...

I thought about you and your family the other night when the President made his announcement about increasing the number of troops in Iraq. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and you make preparations.

Anonymous said...

Going to Iraq again -- that's a bummer! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband. My DH is retired military and I know how hard these separations can be -- without the fears of Iraq. I can't imagine seeing someone I love go there. Hang in there!