Monday, January 29, 2007

More about me

Copied from the ITE III blog:


What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

There aren't a lot that I don't like. I love luxury yarns as much as the next person but also enjoy s & c & other mass market yarns. I think acrylic's fine for baby items as it can be machine washed & dried which is a must for new moms! I don't even use hand washable yarn for my nearly 3 yr old!

What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I'm not a big fan of eyelash yarn. It's okay in s mall doses but not really my thing

Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/registry.html/103-9385832-4579826?ie=UTF8&type=wishlist&id=34DWSNPX433R9

What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

Love citrus & "food" smells for candles/sprays. Bath products---just about anything. I'm a big bath & body works fan!

Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

Peanut brittle. Caramel popcorn. I also have a serious addiction to hershey kisses w/ caramel.

What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I do some beading & am getting into some stamping.

What is/are your favorite item/s to knit/crochet?

Dishcloths are fun b/c they're quick. I also enjoy the heartbreakingly cute baby kimono! Socks & bags too!

What are you knitting/crocheting right now?

A dishcloth for my Yahoo group Monthly Dishcloths exchange partner. I also have another heartbreakingly cute kimono on the needles.

Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Depends on the project. I've made a transition to my favorite needles which currently are addi's (a given right?!), Crystal Palace bamboo's (both straights & dpn's ) & Brittney DPN's & straights.

What is your favorite holiday?

I love 4th of July. I dont decorate for it, but it is one of my faves. I do love to decorate for Christmas now that the wee one is into it.

Is there anything that you collect?

bad question! In no certain order: Whiting & Davis mesh bags (pre 1940), Carnival glass, vintage watches (Hamilton, Gruen, Baume & Mercier, Wittnauer), yarn, dustbunnies LOL


Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

There are a couple Noni patterns that are calling my name. Noro Silk Garden (for a potato chip scarf). The Civil War shawl pattern. Addi's in size 6 US (24" and/or 32" ) for the CW shawl

What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I pick up knitting mags depending on what's in them. If I like the patterns I'll buy it!

Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I'd like to be more proficient w/ cables.

Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I am! I wear a ladies size 9 shoe. My foot is just under 10" long.

When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

4 Sept.

Do you like to cook and / or bake?

LOVE to! Both as a matter of fact!

Do you like to read?

Yes. I dont read as much as I used to since it cuts into my knitting time. I love historical fiction, bios, historical non-fiction, chick lit & knitting books (obviously!) Some of my favorite authors are John Jakes, Anita Shreve, Emily Griffin, Antonia Frasier & on & on. I have an odd fascination with royalty---especially Elizabeth I, Mary Queen of Scots, the Russian Czars & the British Monarchy.




1 comment:

Lacey said...

Oh, you should read some young adult lit, historical fiction. Fever 1763 (I think I made up that year), but there are a number of good hist. fict. out there for kids, esp. girls. Check Ann Rinaldi, she writes good stuff. Plus, you can save them for the littlie. :P

I think that proves I'm a nut and plan to teach young adults, I know more about yal than anything right now. :D