Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hey! I'm not a Brady!

LOL! I have to admit I'm addicted to some of the trash TV on VH-1. Such as, I love the 70's, Volume II. Is it wrong that I still think Christopher Knight (Peter Brady) is cute??!!

Knitting & MOMS have kept me busy this past week. I finished Mom's socks & have finished 1 of Todd's socks (sock #2 has been CO & I'm working on the cuff). I've got 13 dish cloths & scrubbies done (will probably do 3 more) & need to start on Mom's fall bag. She's commented several times that she liked the color of my Booga bag (Noro Kureyon #139) so I'm planning on making her a bag in that colorway but what pattern??? Her first bag is a booga style, her 2nd is a variation of the Booga & *sigh* what to do for the 3rd???

I'm waiting for the signed copy of Mason Dixon Knitting I won on Ebay to get here. I've already made 4 of the ball band "warshrag" & have memorized the pattern LOL.

I found the pattern to the "fake-a-gamo" bag & will make that at some point, possibly in red for me for fall. The story behind it is this: Ferragamo had a bag in their spring line that was supposedly crocheted. Anyone who crochets or knits or both could look at it & see that the stitches were knit, not hooked. Several talented gals on craftster figured how to recreate the bag & let me tell you they did an amazing job! I swear, so many bags, so little time!

The new Executive Board took over on July 1st & this past Monday was our first official meeting. We had a fun general meeting & then followed w/ the Exec. Bd meeting so that we could take advantage of Kristine's expertise before she went on vacation. Our treasurer is in the hospital w/ Crohn's Disease (she thought she was going in for an outpatient procedure & wound up staying for a week!) so dealing with our yearly budget was tricky. We've got 3 parties planned (or $$ alloted for them) for fall, Christmas & Spring. Our old Secretary Kris will be the party planner (big thank you!!!) & I know she'll do a great job.

Betsy continues to be fearless in the pool & is getting better each & every day! She's so much fun & we're really blessed to have such a sweet girl. Last night we were reading Snuggle Puppy before bed & all of a sudden she jumped down from the couch & went down the hall to her room & said "nigh nigh!" Got into bed w/ Jake (her stuffed dog & best bud) & Baby Maggie & conked out until 730 thismorning. Then took a 2 hr nap this afternoon. She is so great.


Tomorrow we're going to run some errands in the morning & then home for lunch & our nap.

No comments: