Friday, July 31, 2009

A new reality

Thank you all for your prayers & thoughts the past month. They have meant a lot & have given my family & I great comfort.

We're entering a new reality & while I'm doing well most days, I do have my moment where I realize that I can't call my parents to ask my Dad's advice on things. I really haven't been able to for the past few months but the finality of it all has settled in.

The Wee One starts school next week so we're gearing up for that. I still do not know how it's possible that she's entering Kindergarten! Time does flies too quickly & I've learned that there is no rewind button. While I have days where I think it would be great to be working outside the home, I am brought back to reality quickly & count my blessings that I'm able to spend my time w/ the Wee One & experience her life with her.

Obviously no knitting is going on but hopefully soon. I have some bebe gifts to make as well as begin thinking about Christmas presents.

2 comments:

SissySees said...

I've found that just putting one foot in front of the other, day after day, sees me through my grief. I hope this new adventure called SCHOOL will prove to be an exciting distraction!

LeslieJ said...

Let me tell you, my dad has been gone for 7 1/2 years, and I still have moments when I go to pick up the phone to call and ask his advice! Just remember, they are all watching over us :)