Friday, July 17, 2009

Home again, home again

The Wee One & I are back in GA, having left VT on Mon the 13th & VA on the 15th. Dad is in the hospital & is comfortable thanks to the effects of morphine. It's been a rough week, not knowing whether we should go back to VT or whether we should come home. We made the decision to come home to let the Wee One get back to her routine before we're called back.

Thank you for all your prayers & warm wishes for Dad. We knew a long time ago that this time would come & I'm at peace with it, for the most part. I don't know if you're ever really ready to acept something like this.

School starts in three weeks & I was pleased to find out that our enrollment fee included all of the Wee One's school supplies!!! YAY! She's all set with a backpack & lunch bag from last year--her old preschool furnished schoolbags so her backpack is in nearly perfect condition. I am debating getting a lunch bag from Land's End---it keeps things cold for up to 5 hours which would be perfect. I'm not sure if her Disney Princess one does the same or not. Perhaps I'll do a little experiment & see before I spend the money.

Not much knitting going on right now, but I did score some great deals on Noro Cash Island & Colinette Lasso while I was in VT. Both were 1/2 off. I should have picked up one more skein of the Lasso.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Routine is good. And no, no matter what, you're never really prepared. Peace is a great start though.