Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Truly strange times in which we live

I normally don't blog about politics because, really, my opinion is just that--MY opinion. It's not right, it's not wrong, it might not make sense to you & you're not here to read about it. But it's times like this that really make me mad.

I try to be a good person. I try to be a good mother & role model to my daughter. I try to be a good wife, daughter, sister, daughter in law, friend, blah blah blah. But I'm not perfect. I make mistakes sometimes. Please, take a moment to pick your jaw up off the floor. You're shocked I know. But when I do make a mistake I own up to it & try to make things right.

Hunter & I try to be good citizens. He serves his country & I think it's fair to say, we've sacrificed a good bit for the country we believe in & love. Our family life takes a hit every other year, our marriage is put to the test & our daughter suffers because she is too young to comprehend why Daddy is gone for so long.

We live within our means & don't look for handouts from the government. We try to give to charity when we can & I volunteer when I can at the Wee One's school & w/ our FRG.

And we pay our taxes.

So, how is it that people like Tom Daschle, Charlie Rangel, Tim Geithner, & Nancy Killefer, who I'm sure have "people" to do things like that for them, can't get them done? Believe me, I've been really busy before & forgotten to do something, but paying taxes? Yeah, not one of them.

Shame, shame, shame.

4 comments:

knittingyoyo said...

I agree. And if we don't get our taxes just right then we do have to pay the taxes and the penalties.

Anonymous said...

good job with this, which expresses my opinions exactly!!!! send this on to your reps in congress
MIL

SissySees said...

Rest assured, they didn't do their own taxes either. Someone looked each of them in the eye and said, "You need to pay ____." I don't buy for a minute that any of them "forgot" which makes me very grumpy too.

Terri said...

Amen.