Monday, October 13, 2008

An open letter to the Boston Red Sox

Dear Red Sox,

Hi, I'd ask how you're doing but I think we all know.

In case you guys didn't know, I like to knit. A lot. Love to, really. I started going to a knit group over the summer & really enjoy it. Without sounding cliche, it's a wonderful group of women, fun atmosphere & 2 hrs of uninterrupted knitting. What more could a girl ask for?

Well, the last couple weeks I've stayed home from knit group just so I could watch you play. Last week you won, which I really appreciate. I do! I cheered, sang "Tessie", the whole 9.

Saturday night's game was disappointing to say the least.

Tonight's game? What's worse than disappointing? Devastating? Crushing? Straight out painful??

Yeah.

So, if you don't mind, please kick it in & win the next 3 games? I'd really appreciate it!

2 comments:

jopal said...

I was at this game - big time let down! WOW! I have never felt so let down! I know it has been a very difficult season with so many injuries but I didn't see any spark from the players - the crowd was great. After the 7th inning fans stared leaving. We stayed until the end - first time this year I didn't hear Tessie and Dirty Water. VERY LONG ride home! Tues. night not much better! Watching now but losing hope! I want to believe!

lauriec said...

I BELIEVE!!!!