1. How long have you been knitting? How did you learn?
I learned to knit when I was 8 or 9. My mom taught me & I can remember having a hard time w/ purling! I made 2 bags for my Barbies! I stopped knitting in college & didn't pick up the needles again until my now 3 yr old daughter was 6 months old & I made a hat for her. So while I learned as a child I really didn't start knitting as a true hobby until 11/04.
2. What are your favorite yarns to knit felted bags with?
Araucania nature wool, Patons's Merino, Brown sheep nature spun.
3. What are your favorite needles to knit with?
Addi's (everyone says this!) & crystal palace. I also have some brittany birch that I like as well.
4. What are the last 3 bags you knitted (include URL for Yahoo! or flickr album or your blog if you have them!)? You can also link to patterns if you don't have pictures of your finished objects!
1)International Tote Exchange III
3) ITE I
5. Do you carry the bags that you knit, give them as gifts, or both?
6. What is your favorite felted bag that you have knit for yourself?
My 3rd bag---my noro booga. It's oversized, purple varigated & gorgeous!
7. What are your favorite colors? Do you like bags in these colors or choose other colors?
Red, purple, blue---jewel tones. Also pink! I'm open to everything other than yellow!!
8. Chocolate: White, Milk, Dark, or not so much?
9. Coffee, Tea, or Milk?
Yes to all 3, especially pink milk!!
10. Do you prefer sweet or salty treats? What kinds?
Both. I love almond roca, peanut brittle, hershey kisses w/ caramel. Chips, pretzels, caramel popcorn, cheddar popcorn.
11. If you went into Bath and Body Works and could only come out with one item, what would it be and what would it smell like?
Just 1? OMG, this is a toughie. Tie between the "look ma, new hands" hand cream & the pink grapefruit shower gel.
12. Do you enjoy any other crafts or hobbies? Do you collect anything?
Im also a stamper (very beginning!) & beader (ditto). I collect Estee Lauder patriotic compacts, whiting & davis bags (pre 1940) & watches (baume & mercier, hamilton, gruen)
13. Are there any bag patterns you have not yet knit, but hope to someday?
I have a noni pattern that I haven't made yet & just picked up Nicky Epstein's felted bag book, so YES!
14. What is currently OTN (on the needles) for you?
A shawl for a friend, a baby bib & my Yahoo Monthly Dishcloth group's KAL.
15. What is your most recent finished object before that?
MDK's baby bib
16. What's cutest: Puppies, Piggies or Pixies?
No question, puppies!!!
17. Do you enjoy reading? Books, Magazines, or both?
Both when they dont cut into my knitting time! LOL
18. Do you have any children? (kid-kind or pet-kind apply!)
1 of each---a 3 yr old little girl (well will be 3 in 5 days) & a 4 yr old miniature schnauzer.
19. What are some of your favorite yarns for other projects?
Plymouth Fantasy Naturale, noro, oigu, cascade fixation,
sugar & cream, lorna's laces. Acrylics for baby blankets only for the fact that they can be machine washed.
20. And for the final question, one I see debated all over: Novelty Yarn: Love it! Hate it! or It depends!
depends on the project. I've made some pretty scarves w/ ribbon yarn & ladder yarn carried w/ another yarn but they're not my favorite yarns for regular use.