Monday, May 08, 2006

"Off the Cuff" bag


My friend Kris loved my pink & green cuffed bag so much she asked if I'd make one for her! She showed me a scarf her Mom had made her in a gorgeous chocolate brown w/ fun fur & the quest for the perfect yarn began. I wound up using Bernat Lana (AWESOME deal @ Hobby Lobby--3$ a skein!), Paton's Merino & some Yarn Bee (HL's in house brand) fun fur for the cuff.

I CO on Friday only to frog it b/c it was too wide. Saturday morning I CO again & got it done & felted Sunday afternoon. It went thru the washer 2x & today was dry enough to take off the box I was using to shape it & attach the straps.

I have to say that I LOVE the color combination of cream & brown & may wind up w/ something similar myself for fall!

Now I'm finishing a cloth for a friend's baby shower next week (train wash cloth) & will CO for my Tote Exchange later this week!

No comments: