Two more soon-to-be FO's. I have another Jayne Hat on the needles for my friend Alida's boyfriend. It's his Valentine's Day present so I need to get it done & out to her in Seattle by the 1st (my deadline, not hers!)
The mitten is for the Wee One. It's mate is 30% finished & hopefully will be done later this morning. It's the first time I've used a pattern that doesn't use a traditional thumb gusset & I'm on the fence on whether I like it or not. It does use waste yarn for the thumb stitches rather than a stitch holder & I do like that, but the lack of thumb gusset is a little "eh" for me.
Speaking of the Wee One, she did indeed have strep. The doctor called a couple hours after we got home to let us know the rapid strep test came back positive. Interestingly enough, she didn't have strep in Sept. They're thinking it was either tonsilitis or that the swab didn't get enough cells. At any rate, we're officially "keeping an eye" on her. I'm hoping we stay strep & tonsilitis-free for many, many months. The idea of her having surgery just isn't appealling to me!