Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1st FO of the year!


My Noro Kochoran Easy Mittens for me! I'm thrilled with how they came out & how well I did with matching the colors!

The Wee One conked out at 6pm last night. We were having dinner in the living room (Daddy wasn't home) & she climbed up next to me on the couch. Things got quiet, and when I peeked over at her, saw she was sound asleep. Even Libby barking at our neighbor didn't wake her up. Around 630 I carried her into her room & an hour later gave her some tylenol. At midnight I gave her motrin & got her into a nightgown. She came in our room to wake me up shortly past 7! Her throat looks a little red (spotty, strep-looking) & she still was a little warm so I called the peds clinic & by some stroke of fate, we have an appointment this afternoon. If it is strep, it's her 3rd bout with it in 6 months (Aug & Sept '08) which isn't great. My brothers & sister all had their tonsils out as kinds, I still have mine (and have had strep as an adult!) so we'll see what the doctor says!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

PRETTY pretty! mittens...and hugs for you and the wee one..get better fast!

Anonymous said...

They look great! Such pretty (matching!) colors! I hope the wee one is feeling better...was it strep?
Missed you at knitting group. Happy New Year!

Angela said...

I love your mittens! They're so pretty! I hope the wee one feels better soon. I had strep lots of times as a kid...once as an adult last summer...it wasn't fun. ;-)