Monday, November 24, 2008

Norovember project #2


I present to you, the Farrow Rib Scarf done with Silk Garden.

Finished in just over a day---I couldn't sleep last night so while I was watching Rock of Love Charm School & Coco Chanel's biopic on Lifetime's Movie Network (oh, the shame) I was feverishly knitting in hopes that I could finish the scarf & would fall asleep a satisfied knitter.

No such luck. Instead I finished just after the Wee One & I got home from school.

I love how the reverse side looks just as good as the right side! This scarf is a gift for FIL for Christmas. When I ordered the yarn from Little Knits (Silk Garden on SALE!!!! I take that as a sign from God that I was meant to buy it), I bought 6 skeins of SG----2 for FIL's scarf, 2 for BIL's mitts & the last 2 for a scarf for Hunter. I'm tempted to make the same scarf for him as it's a simple (read: not fussy, appealling to the soldier in him) pattern.

We'll see what the rest of the week brings in terms of knitting!

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

There is no shame in watching Lifetime biopics (we'll just ignore Rock of Love Charm school, as I have been guilty of the same.) There is something shameful about Shirley MacLaine trying to have a French accent.

Scarf is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I love it! I have the Noro Striped Scarf in my queue on Ravelry. Just caught up with your posts......Nov. was my 1 year knitting anniversary...hope you are feeling much better...and stay safe if you are traveling for the holidays. Happy Thanksgiving!

lauriec said...

Her accent really was horrible but the look of disdain (as in "bah, stoooopid americaines!") & moue were spot on!

Happy knitterversary to you too Christine!!