Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What's it called?

This was on the blogs of a couple of my friends. Thought it was cute.


Where did you grow up?---Winooski, VT


1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks. Hmmm, a brook or stream.

2. What the thing you push around the grocery store is called.
Cart.

3. A metal container to carry a meal in.
Lunch box

4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in.
frying pan

5. The piece of furniture that seats three people.
Couch

6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof.
Gutter

7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening.
If it's enclosed it's a porch. If it's not it's a patio.

8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages.
Soda

9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup.
Pancake

10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself.
Growing up it was a grinder. Now it's a sub.

11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach.
Trunks

12. Shoes worn for sports.
Sneakers or cleats depending on the shoe!

13. Putting a room in order.
Cleaning

14. A flying insect that glows in the dark.
Gowing up I called them "lightening bugs" Now they're fireflies.

15. The little insect that curls up into a ball.
What did we call those things? Well, other than ICKY!

16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down.
When I was little it was a teeter totter.

17. How do you eat your pizza?
If it's a huge piece I use a knife & fork until it's managable, then I use my hands & pick it up

18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?Garage sale

19. What's the evening meal?
Supper or dinner.

20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
Cellar. But if it's finished it's a basement.

21. What do you call the thing that you can get water out of to drink in public places? It's a bubbler!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The evening meal one is funny to me. When I met my husband we had different ideas about what it was called. His supper was my dinner. His dinner, my lunch. At least breakfast is breakfast :-)

jopal said...

I can't remember the name of those bugs either - just know they creep me out!

Holly S. said...

Roly polys! That's what they were called in South Carolina anyway.

jopal said...

I remember now - we called them grubs!

Agatha Pace said...

Nice shaare