Sunday, February 10, 2008

She's crafty



(with apologies to the Beastie Boys)

I'm not super strict about a lot of things w/ the Wee One except bedtime & sugar. Yes, she gets a little chocolate for potty training treats & I'll give her chocolate milk, but no soda, juice is limited & candy's seriously restricted.

So when it came to Valentine's Day & making cookies for her friends at school I discovered this website & what a great alternative it is! http://jas.familyfun.go.com/arts-and-crafts?page=CraftDisplay&craftid=11585

I made 2 batches---the first one didn't come out too bad---the bottoms were nice (the part that was in the muffin pan) but the tops (the part exposed) looked too melty & blended. So I remade them with only 4 pieces of crayon & BAM! There they are! I'm going to make 1 more batch so each child will have 2 crayons in their goody bag.

The wee one also wants to make blueberry muffins in the 2nd pan JoAnn sent me as part of my Jan. swap so we'll get all Martha Stewart this afternoon.

1 comment:

Shawnee said...

Gold star.

I've tagged you on my blog if you'd like to play.